with Tom Penman
The course is aimed at busy professional agents who need an update on the latest changes in UK tax.
It will also be relevant for accountants in business and individuals who are interested in keeping up to date with UK tax developments will include the changes imposed by the March 2021 Budget and changes coming into effect which will have a major impact on businesses and individuals.
In particular, it will cover:
- Budget 2021 changes in Corporation Tax, Capital Gains Tax and IHT
- New Personal Service Company changes (IR35) with effect from 6 April 2021
- Domestic Reverse charges for Vat introduced on 01 March 2021
- Impacts of and issues with the NI Protocol w.e.f. 1 January 2021 concerning cross border trading and NI/mainland UK trading
- Latest updates in Case Law developments
Tom was, until very recently, tax partner heading the tax team in Baker Tilly Mooney Moore in Belfast. He is now acting as a tax consultant to the firm.
Tom regularly deals with complex tax planning and handles complex enquiries. He has worked for a range of clients from individuals, partnerships, owner-managed businesses to private equity companies, PLC’s and large multinational clients. He is very experienced in all aspects of investigation work, international issues including Transfer Pricing and Corporate Tax planning.
He has also worked for HMRC including being in a special investigation unit and Officer in Charge of a large City Centre Tax District. In addition to his tax qualifications, Tom holds an MBA and is also a member of the Chartered Institute of Management. He lectures regularly for various professional Institutes in Scotland and Northern Ireland and writes tax articles for professional journals.