with Professor Chris Nobes
This online course examines some of the major accounting issues arising (for financial statements with year-ends in 2020 and 2021) as a result of the Covid-19 crisis. These issues apply similarly under either IFRS or UK/Irish GAAP (FRS 102).
• Impairment of fixed assets
• Inventory measurement
• Provisions for restructuring
• Taking account of events after the reporting date
• Assessing whether an entity is a going concern
• Are fair value measurements reliable?
• Whether liabilities are current or non-current
• Leases and rent concessions
Chris is a professor of Accounting at the University of London and the University of Sydney. He was a member of the Accounting Standards Committee of the UK and Ireland, and then UK representative on the Board of the International Accounting Standards Committee.