with Robert Kirk
This half-day course designed for accountants working in the public sector in Northern Ireland will review the major changes in the government Financial Reporting Manual(FReM) for 2020-21.
In particular, the following will be covered;
- HM Treasury Technical excellence and innovation (March 2020)
- Review of Financial Reporting Accounting Board (FRAB) meetings 2020
- Review of 2019-20 Financial Reporting under Covid 19 (April 2020)
- Revisions to FReM 2020-21 (December 2020)
- IFRS 16 Leases and HM Treasury Guidance
- Interaction IFRS 16 and PPP
- IFRS 17 Insurance contacts – progress to date in incorporating the standard into the FReM
After graduating with a second class first division honours degree in Economics from Queens University, Belfast in 1972 Robert trained as an Irish Chartered Accountant with Price Waterhouse, qualifying in first place in his final examinations in 1975.
In 1981 he was appointed a Director of Business and Accounting Training (now Griffith College Dublin) where he embarked on his academic career, teaching mainly on the professional examination courses for ICAI, CPA, CIMA and ACCA.
In 1985 he joined Queens University as a full-time lecturer and moved to the University of Ulster in 1992 as a Senior Lecturer. In 1994 he was appointed to the Chair in Financial Reporting at Ulster.