ACCA Ireland are inviting you to our online CPD Seminar on Capital Gains Tax Relief Update which will be delivered by Paul Murphy. This online seminar will take place on Thursday 19th of May 2022.
Increasing numbers of clients are looking to plan for retirement and the sale or transfer of their business. This seminar aims to provide an analysis of the different types of reliefs that are available and how a client can be advised in readying the business for its sale/transfer.
- Review of the main reliefs including retirement and entrepreneur
- Sale to a third party and the pre-planning required such as the split of property and trade
- Recent developments in preparing and utilising the various reliefs
- Transfer to family - possible extraction of cash via share buyback
- Transfer to family - overview of business relief available for the next generation
- Reconstruction reliefs
About the presenter
Paul Murphy is a taxation consultant and principal of Martin J. Kelly & Co. He is a corporation tax lecturer for the Irish Taxation Institute and is an Associate of both the Irish Taxation Institute and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Paul is a co-author of the Irish Taxation Institute’s annual publication, Irish Taxation Law and Practice.