We are delighted to have Jim Power, Economist and Media Commentator join us for a live online presentation and discussion on The Global Economic Impact of COVID-19. This is an online event and will take place from 1.00pm - 2.00pm on Thursday, July 16 2020.
During this webinar, Jim will be covering the following areas:
- How the re-opening of the global economy is progressing around the world
- The longer-term impact of COVID-19
- Other global issues including Brexit, The US Presidential Election, the threats to Globalisation and the future of the EU
- What is happening on financial markets – interest rates, exchanges rates & equity markets
- Update on Irish Economic Outlook
This event is open to all members and one CPD unit will be available to all attendees.
Guest Speaker: Jim Power is Chief Economist for Aviva Ireland. He was previously Treasury Economist at AIB (1987-1991), Chief Economist at Bank of Ireland Group (1992-2000) and Chief Economist Friends First Group (2000 to 2018). He is owner manager of Jim Power Economics Limited, an economic and financial consultancy. The company carries out consultancy projects, public speaking, and training for a variety of public and private sector entities. Jim is Chairman of Love Irish Food and is a member of the Institute of Directors and a graduate of UCD. Jim holds a BA and a Master of Economic Science Degree and lectures part-time on the MSc Management and the MBA at Smurfit School of Business, UCD.