with Gearoid Costelloe, Barrister
Content will include:
- Assessing the actions of Directors leading up to Insolvency.
- The important role of the financial advisor, auditor, and legal advisor.
- Role of the Liquidators Section 682 Report to the ODCE ( previously “s.56 Report”, CLEA 2001).
- Legal process of restriction, the burden of proof, costs of an adverse decision , impacts arising for parties.
- Potential impact of Covid 19 on the assessment of “ honestly and responsibly” and general defences arising.
- Q and A.
Gearoid will also bring some practical experience and advice to practitioners on the crucial areas to focus on when advising clients in financial difficulty.
Gearoid Costelloe was a Partner with Grant Thornton for 25 years. He was previously a partner with Coopers and Lybrand. Gearoid is a Member of the ACCA since 1982 and Past President Irish Region and Munster Connaught Society.
Gearoid acted as a Corporate Finance and Insolvency partner with GT for much of his career handling some high profile cases of Liquidation , Receivership and Examinership. He was called to the Bar of Ireland 2010, now practising as a Barrister since last year having retired from Grant Thornton. Gearoid is an accredited CEDR Mediator.
His specialist areas of practice are Commercial Law, Banking and Security, Company Law and Insolvency.