For any bookings after 4.30pm 21/07, please email ACCAIrelandMembersteam@accaglobal.com
ACCA Ireland can open the booking link for payment and send on booking link at 9am Wed 22/07
This webinar will take place over Zoom, the link and slides will be sent to all participants before 4pm 21/07, the day before the live webinar 22/07.
The webinar will start at 10am prompt, please log in at least 5 mins in advance. You will be placed into the waiting room and will be admitted to the webinar, just before 10am.
Please note, you will be automatically muted on access and have the option to turn your camera on or off.
We look forward to you joining the webinar tomorrow for what promises to be a very informative session. If you have any questions, please email ACCAIrelandMembersteam@accaglobal.com
We would like to invite you to a webinar on Charity Accounting using SORP (Statement of Recommended Practice). This session will take place on Wednesday 22 July 10.00am to 1.00pm. Grainne McGuire, BDO, Manager Audit and Jelena Griscenko, Compliance and Enforcement, Charity Regulator will take a practical look at the following areas:
Grainne McGuire, BDO, Manager Audit
- The mechanics of preparing SORP compliant financial statements
- The layout of Charity SORP financial statements
- The directors/trustees report
- Restricted and unrestricted funds
- Accounting for different activities
- Analysing income in the SoFA and notes
- Analysing expenses in the SoFA and notes
- The recognition of income
- The treatment of government grants
- The accounting for the merging of charities
- Disclosures of related party transactions and salaries
- Accounting and disclosure of investments including Social investments
- Concessionary loans
- Accounting for branches, charity groups and combinations
- Resources available
Jelena Griscenko, Compliance and Enforcement, Charity Regulator
- Compliance and Enforcement Statistics for 2019 and common issues identified
- Proposed Accounting and Reporting Regulations (including brief outline of the benefits of the Charities SORP)
- Resources available from the Regulator
There will be a 5 minute coffee break at 11.15am and Aidan Clifford, Advisory Services Manager, ACCA Ireland will host Q&A at the end of the session.