To be discussed:
• Industry news and developments in practice
• FRS 102 implementation issues
• ACCA SMP research
• Companies (Statutory Audit) Act 2018 and developments in audit regulation
• Insurance and investment business update: European Union (Insurance Distribution) Regulations 2018 and changes to the Investment Intermediaries Act 1995.
• Anti-money Laundering update: Criminal Justice (Money laundering and Terrorist Financing) (Amendment) Act 2018
• Charity accounting and SORP update
Aidan Clifford, ACCA, FCA
Aidan is the Technical Director of ACCA Ireland; providing advice to accountants on technical auditing, accounting, ethical and investment business issues. He lectures extensively for ACCA on auditing and accounting to both members and students.