In partnership with Mercia Ireland
Structuring Family Businesses for Exit and Succession
Speaker: Paul Gosal, Paul Gosal Tax Advisory
Topics to be discussed include
• Key discussion points with clients
• What is the “correct” structure for clients
• Update on Key Capital Tax Reliefs
• Current areas of Irish Revenue focus
Audit & Accounting:
Courtroom Skills for Accountants (Speaker: Sarah Tully, Solicitor, La Touche Training
The witness box can be a lonely place – even for the most experienced accountant, and it is becoming a more frequent experience than many imagine.
The presentation will look at your role as witness, and whether you are called as an Expert or a Witness of Fact, there are key skills to work on, to excel when giving evidence.
This session will examine the theory, practice and procedure of giving evidence. Attendees will hear about tips for presenting evidence and how to handle cross examination.
How To Maximise Your Professional & Personal Impact
Speaker: Paul Davis, Managing Director, Davis Business Consultants
This session will address:
• The three key dimensions that make for maximum professional impact, and
which results in achieving more personal freedom, purpose and fulfillment.
• How higher confidence means more fees, more visibility, more growth. Understand the pillars to grow your confidence which you can implement immediately.
• How to avoid stress, fear, meaninglessness and imposter syndrome.
Speaker: Jonathan McGee, Mercia Ireland
This session will summarise the recent revisions / updates to the auditing standards as well as discuss some examples of the more common modified audit reports under the current audit report format.
The session will also include coverage of the top 5 ISA areas that cause audit quality weakness and discuss ‘Action Plans’ following monitoring reviews.