A major change to lease accounting under IFRS has been introduced for 2019/20 year-ends. This on-line course examines how lessees should apply the new standard, IFRS 16.
• Outline of the changes caused by IFRS 16
• Which leases fall outside of IFRS 16?
• Identifying the lease term
• Calculating the lease asset and the lease liability
• Lease expenses in the income statement
• Comparisons with lessee accounting under US GAAP and UK/Irish GAAP (FRS 102)
Professor Christopher Nobes, CA, FCCA, PhD
Chris is professor of Accounting in the University of London and the University of Sydney. He was a member of the Accounting Standards Committee of the UK and Ireland, and then UK representative on the Board of the International Accounting Standards Committee.