The Government have just published the Bill on the proposed Small Company Administrative Rescue Process (SCARP). SCARP is expected to become the rescue mechanism of choice for SMEs.
Join ACCA Ireland for an overview session on SCARP which will discuss the proposed legislation in detail. This session will be held on Monday, 28 June at 11:00 and will be delivered by Tom Murray, Director at Friel Stafford.
During the session, Tom will give a detailed overview of the proposed SCARP legislation where he will cover;
- Which companies are eligible?
- Who will be authorised to implement SCARPs?
- How will Revenue be dealt with?
- Can landlord's leases be repudiated?
- Differences between SCARP and Examinership
- What financing is available to a company during SCARP?
- What steps should your client be taking now?
- What happens if a SCARP fails?
- A detailed review of necessary procedures.
Meet the Speakers
Tom Murray - Director, Friel Stafford
Tom is one of Ireland's most experienced corporate recovery and turnaround practitioners and was one of the first personal insolvency practitioners licensed in Ireland. Tom is a past president of ACCA Ireland and a former member of ACCA’s global council. He is also a member of The Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioners.
Tom has worked on over 1,000 corporate insolvency cases including Liquidations, Receivership's and Examinerships. He also specialises in Forensic Accounting, Corporate Finance and Business Valuations.